Saturday, October 11, 2008

YUM!!


Via DC Metro Mom's, I was invited to a VIP Sneak Preview for Fresh City - Your Daily Eatery.

OK I thought - I'll go and grab a sandwich, collect a menu and maybe go back at some point.

There's no maybe with this one though. I will go back and lots. Good think it's only a 5-10 minutes drive from my house! (for those of you near Herndon, VA, its in the Clock Tower shopping center on Centreville)

What I truly liked about Fresh City is their selection of food. Like their name, it's fresh and lots of organic stuff too! But the menu is not full of dishes that I wouldn't know how to pronounce or be leery of trying. It's basic soups, sandwiches, salads, burritos and stir frys - great American food, but good, quality food (and did I mention lots of organic choices too?).

I meet the talented Julie (of Darling Hill) and her adorable children for lunch on Friday. The staff was great, the service was great and being an opening weekend servers came around with samples of cookies and smoothies to try too. When you walk it there are menus on the walls. After deciding what you want to you go to that 'station' to order it. They give you a number and bring the food to your table when it's ready. I tried the New England Clam Chowder (I am from New England, so why not?!). It was yummy! Creamy, lots of potatoes and clams. I also had the Asiago Roast. Their bread - so yummy too!


Their website if very user-friendly. With Adam being on a gluten free diet I always have to check out a restaurant ahead of time to see if it will work for his limited diet. Fresh City's website was very easy to find the gluten free list, and I was very happily surprised to see such a huge selection of menu items he can eat there too!

I do believe this will become a fast favorite of ours on those nights we don't feel like cooking!

Thanks Fresh City for lunch!!



3 comments:

Cathy said...

I love when restaurants put menus on web sites--makes things so much easier! sounds good--too bad there's not one in CO.

Michelle M. said...

Huh. This is not far from where I am either. I will make it a point to check it out!

admin said...

Robin, you are too sweet! Thanks for the mention. It was great having lunch with you! Let's meet again sometime soon.