Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Eight

So, I'm rather bored today. Not much to do with any of my part-time jobs today. I've been surfing the net most the morning checking out some of my favorite blogs that I read. I headed over to Stimeyland. She got tagged by Magneto Bold Too! to do a Meme of Eight.

Instead of tagging eight specific people, she tagged 'you'. Yea, pretty sneaky!


So, here goes my eight:

8 Things I Am Passionate About
-my family
-reading
-sleeping
-excersise
-food
-being happy
-being the best parent and spouse I can be
-blogging

8 Things I Say Often-Son's name
-Husband's name
-What should we have for dinner?
-Do your homework!
-I love you
-Fuck
-Yup, ok. Wait, what did I just say yes too?!?
-I'm too tired tonight

8 Books I Have Read Recently
-The Other Mother by Gwendolen Gross
-101 Activiies for Kids in Tight Spaces by Carol Stock Kranowitz
-The Secret Fan by Lisa See
-Inside Aspergers: One Man's Tale - Look Me In The Eye by John Elder Robison
-The Choice by Nicholas Sparks
-Louder Than Words by Jenny McCarthy
-Our Dumb World Atlas of The Planet Earth by the ONION
-Playing for Pizza by John Grisham

8 Things I Want To Do Before I Die
-watch my son grow up
-watch a sunrise with my husband (which would also imply that perhaps I wasn't too tired and we had been up all night long!)
-write a book - fiction
-write a book - nonfiction
-start a successful business
-sleep
-go to Disney World
-eat better

8 Songs I Could Listen To Over And Over
-Hotel California - Eagles
-Christmas Eve in Sarajevo - Trans-Siberian Orchestra
-Christmas Cannon Rock - Trans-Siberian Orchestra
-Don't Stop Believing - Journey
-When You're Goen - Avril Lavigne
Landslide - Fleetwood Mac
-1812 Overture - Tchaikovsky
-Beethoven's 5th Symphony

8 Things That Attract Me To My Best Friends
-honesty
-loyalty
-things in common
-will listen to me babble nonstop
-love my blog :)
-humor
-compassion
-patience

And now - the first eight readers of this are tagged! Leave a comment so I can go and read your Eight :)

4 comments:

Stimey said...

I'm glad you did this! I, too, am passionate about sleeping. That's a good one. I love the ones about "What did I just say yes too?" and "I'm too tired tonight." I also say at least one of those a lot. :)

Anonymous said...

"Wait, what did I say yes to?" Oh that totally cracked me up! That happens to me all the time!

Seems that everyone I read is putting swear words in their 'things I say often' Glad to hear I am not the only potty mouth!

Toni said...

Hmmn, that was tricky. Now I have to do that meme. Very sneaky there.

I say the big bad f-word much, much too often. I fear my son will say that before he says anything else. sigh.

Great post. I do love reading other people's memes: it is a great way to get to know them!

Happy early Thanksgiving!

Robin said...

Toni - We actually taught our son that cuss words were ok to say, but only in our house, and only when no one was over. Over the years the rules have been bent, he can say them in front of a small handful of our friends (my sister and my husbands BF are not offended at all). It was about being respectful to other people who find the words offensive. This of course started because one of his first words 'truck' didn't sound the way it should have.