Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fools?

Yup - it's that day everyone likes - April Fools. Time to play gags and see how much we can get away with.

I always loved this day. It means that my birthday is in a few days. My sisters is today. When my Mom went into labor with her and called my aunt to come watch me it took quite some convincing to get her to believe it was the real thing. But my poor sister. Oh the taunting she got - see - your birthday is on April Fool's. It only proves your a fool!

In other news, I've been on the Special K diet. You get to eat breakfast and lunch via Special K cereal, waffles or protein meal bar. You also get to choose 2 snacks, via Special K Snack Bar or Snack Bites and then dinner of your choice. It's been just about 2 weeks and I've been real good about riding the bike for about 45 minutes 3-4 times a week. Yup - going to give it my all to lose those 15 pounds that have slowly crept up on me (some due to laziness, some due to a medication I must now take). And, finally I'm seeing some results. I am down 5 pounds and can now fit into a pair of jeans I haven't been able to for a few months!!!

OK, OK. Like I said. It's April Fools. Over at The Blog Exchange, we were given a different type of assignment this month. Instead of a blog exchange, we were asked to write 2 'stories'. One true, one not true. You get to guess - which one is true? My sisters birthday being today or me losing 5 pounds?

I'll be posting the answer tomorrow along with links to all the other bloggers playing along this month!

4 comments:

jodifur said...

Special K diet huh? I've been trying to lose the same 10 pounds since the dawn of time, maybe that will work.

Anonymous said...

I'm going with the first one. Your sister's birthday is today, right?

Mayberry said...

I'm with Kirsetin. Your sis is the April Fool?

Both my babies were due on April 3 (3 years apart). I crossed my legs tight on 4/1 ...

Toni said...

I think the birthday was 4/1.