Sunday, December 14, 2008

Mommy's High Heel Shoes


I fellow co-writer of the SV Mom's Group has written a delightful children's book. Kristie offered me a copy to review.

I didn't read this to Adam, it just wasn't quite his type of book. BUT, my 2 1/2 year old niece - totally perfect for her! Especially since she just had a new sister arrive at her house and her Mom is getting ready to go back to work full time. And especially because ever since she could crawl she has a constant obsession for getting into any adult female shoe, especially work shoes! I couldn't have asked for a better book to read to my niece.

Although the story itself was a little above her head, the pictures are very engaging. In the story Mommy leaves to go to work. Her young daughter has fun staying behind playing with Mom's shoes. My nieces favorite part was finding the cupcake, ladybug and heart that are hidden on each page. She also loved all the different types of shoes.

My sister reports it has become one of her favorite books to look through. I know in the next few months she'll be able to grasp the story plot more and more, and each reading will engage her more and more in different ways.

Kristie Finnan also has a blog and website related to the book. Be sure to check out the shop to buy accessories to the book!

And Kristie - my sister and I both thank you for this children's book. We can't wait to see your next one!!

Cross posted to Yup - Another Review Blog.

No comments: