Monday, November 24, 2008

Why is there only 24 hours in a day?

Wow. Look. It's me. I'm posting. I'm alive. Really. I am.
I'm just trying to find more than 24 hours in a day so I can fit everything in.

So, until I find more time I'll leave you with an update on Adam.

He's in the 5th grade. That's the grade this county starts Family Life Education (FLE). You know. Sex ed. The kid freaked out. So much so that I got a call from the nurse on the day it was too start saying he should go home due to a stomach ache and headache. Kid got himself so worked up he got a stomach ache (and lied about the headache for good measure)!

Then upon his confession (or rather us busting him), and us pointing out that he isn't going to hear anything he hasn't already. he pointed out that because our (conservative) county can't tell the kids everything, he didn't want to go and get misinformed. (They can't talk about birth control, oral sex or masturbation - EVEN if a kid asks). So, he'd just rather refer to us for info and not have to hear such information from his teacher and a room full of boys.

So, hubby and I only felt it our duty to make sure he gets informed completely. We watched Juno tonight with him. I think Parenthood will be next. We're great parents aren't we?

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Welcome back! I was just thinking about you today. I wonder how Ethan will deal with sex ed. He already grilled us about sex--he's six--and wouldn't accept any vague answers. He wanted details. He doesn't totally get it, but knows that storks don't deliver babies.