Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Where I get to have my opinion on politics, because in this country I can Part II

There's this clip going around on YouTube (well, there's lots of clips, but now I'm getting sidetracked). So anyway, this clip inparticular is making its way around lots a few places now, including CNN.

And, (like the title of this post says), I've got an opinion on this one.

You see, originally I was thinking of writing a post about how she is now the "guardian of the nation's disabled children" . I'm also wondering is she will soon become the guardian of the nation's children born less than 9 months before their parents get married, if they do at all.

But then, last night I saw this video. And I just had to comment on it.

So, back to this video. (you'll have to excuse me, I'm not real organized this morning). In the video she is quoted as saying "Pray for our military men and women who are striving do to what is right. Also for this country, that our leaders, our national leaders, are sending them out on a task that is from God. That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for -- that there is a plan, and that plan is God's plan."

Let's think about this last part:
on a task that is from God.......that there is a plan, and that plan is God's plan

Seems to me I've heard this line of thinking before. Let me think. Where was it..... OH YEA!! How could I not remember, especially with the anniversary of 9-11 approaching so fast.

A terrorist. Don't terrorist's think this way in their justification of their violent behavior?


And this is completely aside the fact you are NOT supposed to mix church and state. Of course, she is speaking at a church, but she is talking about state stuff. As evidenced by this quote:

Her campaign says she doesn't mix her faith with government business. But Palin did ask her audience to pray for a $30 billion natural gas pipeline she is on a mission to build in Alaska. In the video Palin says, "I think God's will has to be done in unifying people and companies to get that gas pipeline built. So pray for that ... I can do my job there in developing my natural resources. But all of that doesn't do any good if the people of Alaska's heart is not good with God."

Let's see. If one prays hard enough, one can get stuff done through government. And, if something doesn't get passed, it just may be because the people's hearts aren't good with God?

And she might become the VP of our country? What horror movie have I become part of? I mean really! The folks of this country are seriously considering electing someone with this mindset?

No comments: