Sunday, April 20, 2008

Thoughts on Bribing

With spring in the air I decided to take up running again. I ran long distance track all through high school and ran for fun all through college and post college. And then on and off again until a few years ago when the shin splints finally won. And even though I ride a real bike and a stationary bike, I MISS running. I miss the endorphin rush. I miss the running down a trail with music blasting in my ear from the headphones.



So I decided to take it up again. I went to Dicks Sporting Goods to get a decent pair of sneakers (so to hopefully prevent shin splints).



There's a climbing wall there. And it's right next to the women's sneakers.



I had my son with me at the time. I think you can see where this is going. Yup. I told him if he could sit quietly while I looked and compared and tried on different shoes he'd get a trip up and down the wall. It worked. It was as if I was shoping on my own. Except at the end I got to see the smile of pure joy as he got unharnessed after climbing the wall.

No comments: