Friday, March 20, 2009

Welcome to theShredheads

So. Lots of my blogging friends have joined I'll Stop the World and Shred With You.

I actually joined them about 2 months ago, but they didn't know. I guess I'm sorta coming out of the closet. Or rather finally getting around to officially join them.

Here's some of the basic Shredhead info:

1. Pics - not motivated enough to take them, download them and post them. You'll have to use your imagination here.

2. Tag Line - MyLossAsItIs @ MyLifeAsItIs

3. Weight - started at 130. Which probably sounds like a decent weight. Except I'm only 5 feet all. And before I got pregnant I was 118, which was slightly more than when I got married. I only gained 25 pounds with Adam, and was extremely fortunate that all but 5 pounds was gone by his 5 day check up. Those last 5 pounds were easily lost. And that was 10 years ago. And, in fact, 2 years ago I was down to 112. After lots of running and kickboxing. I felt the best I had in years. Then I found out I had extremely high cholesterol. And because I was already fit and eating right it was straight to meds for me. Then I gained 1o pounds in one month. Stopped meds. Plateaued. Tried a different med. Gained another 10 pounds. Stopped meds. Plateaued. Which put me up to 132 this past Christmas, with high cholesterol and a poor response to meds. I weighed more than I did when I came home from the hospital with a newborn!

4. Goal - to get back down to 112. Yup. 20 pounds.

5. Diet Plan - to increase fruits and veges - especially on the days I don't Shred. And decrease portions of food for all meals.

6. Personal Rules - to do my best.

7. Shred Plan - I started this back at the end of January. And I'm proud to say I've already lost 7 pounds! I don't do it every day. I wish I could. But I simply don't have the time, despite it being only a 20 minute workout. I try to get in 3-4 times a week of Shredding.

I started on Level 1 for about 2 weeks and moved to Level 2. It was OK. It was a lot of up and down. And with a heart condition the up and down was making me dizzy. So I moved to Level 3. I like that one a lot. But some days I ride the bike for 20 minutes before shredding and on those days I do Level 1. I like Level 1. I like the flow and the workout.

I know I could probably lose more if I did it more than 3-4 times a week, but that is what I comfortably have time for. And so far I've been happy with the weight loss as well as the slimming of the stomach and arms, and the looser feel of the clothes.

It's motivation to keep me going.

Do you want to join in on the fun too?

1 comment:

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

Woo Hoo!

I was doing really well for a while, then I got a cold.

You have motivated me to get bvack on board. TODAY.