Friday, March 28, 2008

Haiku Friday





Field Trip today
about 100 4th graders
trip is 12 hours long.

What was I thinking
when I volunteered for this?
am I that insane?

Be at school at 6
herd sleepy kids on the bus
for a three hour drive.

A three hour drive?
Yup - destination that far
Williamsburg, VA

Jamestown and Yorktown
two important sites of our
American past.

Three hour drive home
back to school by 6pm
boy I sure to hope
/
Everyones parents
pick up their children on time
because I'm going

To a girls night out
Mommy Needs A Glass of Wine
and wow, I'll need one!!

12 comments:

Toni said...

Wow, you are one brave mom! Fingers crossed that the bus comes back on time so you can go OUT! (: Have a good day!

Kat said...

Oh boy. That sounds... um... challenging. Good luck with that!
You will certainly deserve some wine after that! :)

Anonymous said...

Man are you crazy!
Er. . . I mean a loving, involved parent! Hope the trip goes well!

Anonymous said...

good god women are you insane?

You will most certainly need a cocktail at the end of today!

Anonymous said...

Haha! May the force be with you ;) Sounds like it should be an entertaining day.

the planet of janet said...

you are a braver woman than i am.

of course, my daughter no longer wants me to come on her school field trips. that was a sad moment indeed.

Anonymous said...

Whoa. That's a tough assignment. I say that as a former teacher. Volunteering to do it is brave.

storyteller said...

I remember field
trips like this and parents who
went along like you!

I do hope that your
evening out was everything
you hoped it would be ;--)

Hugs and blessings,

jodifur said...

I had so, so much fun last night!

And it was reat to meet you last night in person!

JessTrev said...

Great to meet you on Friday night -- and I have *been* on that field trip! (former teacher). heroic.

Anonymous said...

You survived! Hurrah! It was so great to see you out on Friday! Talking with you is like talking with an old friend. . . . I don't know why, exactly, but there it is. :-)

Anonymous said...

So cool to see you again on friday night :)

I'll check back... hope we can meet up again soon!