Sunday, August 26, 2007

Strange

It is really strange feeling to not be going back to work tomorrow. Teachers go back one week before the kids do in this county. It's a good strange. Usually by the end of the summer I'm very ready to get back to work - the welcome back meetings, excitement of new kids and new dreams to touch the lives of a new set of kids. It's not bothering me at all that I'm not going back. Not one bit. This is only confirming to me how much I needed a break. But it is strange to not be loading all my teaching stuff in my trunk and hauling it off, not be looking thru a new set of IEP's, etc. It's a little bit of a lost, but happy feeling. the unknown.

On the other hand my grad class started Saturday morning. I LOVE taking classes. I guess it's the geek in me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to pop over and say thanks for stopping by! Yeah, this whole back to school thing has me terrified and excited at the same time. It's also making me tired, and I haven't even really started yet. But, overall, so glad to be finally doing this.

jodifur said...

Thank you for your thoughtful comment on Jodifur.